Thursday, June 23, 2011

Open sore in mouth ...Any dentists in the house ?

I am about 6 months pregnant, the other day I managed to bite the inside of my lower lip extremely hard, the actually cut is on my gums behind my lip but really right across from where the bottom of my teeth are. It is extremely sore and when i look down at the cut it looks white right now. What can I rinse with to make sure it doesnt get infected. People say that oral things can affect pregnancies..Any Dentists in the house ?? What should I do ..no dental insurance..???????????
--------------------
Okay, just stay calm. Sores in the mouth turn white when they start to heal. Stay away from products for mouth sores. A lot of them contain lidocaine, or a dirivative of it. It numbs the area and help it to feel better, but it definately isn't recommended for pregnant women. The best things to do are as follows. Warm salt water rinses will soothe the area. Stay away from overly sugary foods. Stay away from spicy foods, spices irritate mouth sores. Cool liquids will help, nice cool water is best. Ice cram could be a nice soothing food to eat, and yummy too! :) Stay away from hot food, let your food cool to room temp before eating it until it goes away. Don't brush too hard in that area, but keep your mouth nice and clean. You'll be okay, it really is incouraging that you say it is white in color, it is a sign of healing and you may have a little bit of the skin slough (peel) off, But that is okay. congrats on your pregnancy! much happiness to you :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment