Thursday, June 23, 2011

Which job would you choose?

I need some good opinions here folks. Please star! My dad is discouraging me to take this new job delivering mail for the post office. So now I need other people's opinions because i am confused. I have a current job. I have medical/dental insurance on me and my family. I make about 5 dollars less an hour at my current job then I would at my new one. I am very burnt out of my previous job and fell like I will never move up. I applied and been ignored. I now have an offer with the post office. It pays 5 dollars more an hour plus 30 dollars a day for wear and tear on your car. But untill you go permanent (approx 2or3 years) you dont have medical insurance. Now i can get All Kids probably for my children. Me and my husband wouldn't have insurance if I changed. He can pick up insurance at his job but it's about 200 dollars extra a month than i pay at my current job. My dad's points are these: You have to have your own vehicle. You will have to replace brakes & other often.
--------------------
in two years $600 x 52 weeks x 30 years $936,000 more pay for 30 years, pays for a lot of cars and other stuff..............and that is not counting raises and possible promotions,,,,,,,,
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment