Friday, July 29, 2011

braces questions?

are braces really that bad?? and do they hurt? and about how much do they cost without dental insurance?
--------------------
All your questions vary on different things. The younger you are....the less pain you will have. I have brace and am in my mid twenties....honestly, they hurt the first 2 -3 weeks. But then again, my teeth have been in my mouth for many years as opposed to a younger child. My niece who is 8, got her braces put in Feb 27, and she had mild discomfort for about 2 - 3 days, mainly it was just a matter of getting used to something that wasn't there before. IMO, brace are not really that bad. I've had my brace for 10 months now and my teeth look 90% better. I still have quite a few months to go...but still I am so excited. In the long run all the discomfort, and mild pain is worth a beautiful smile. As far as the cost, that will vary from person to person. I have referred my two close friends and my niece to the orthodontist and no one is paying the same. I had a lot of crowding at the bottom and a bit on the top, I had clear braces, not the invisalign but the ceramic bracket, I paid $5000 without dental insurance and I pay it month by month $156/month with no interest which is pretty cool! My niece was quote $1800 for upper and lower she pays (her mom actually) $88 per month however, she only got brackets on 8 teeth cause she hasn't lost all her baby teeth. My BFF got quoted $4200 for upper and lower and she pays about $125/month without interest My other Friend paid $4000 for upper and lower and she paid it up front with her income tax refund So to be honest, the amount will vary greatly on how bad your teeth are, crowding, spacing, overbite, underbite, will you need headgear, teeth removed to make room, etc Sometimes people need two phases. Like my niece, she is only 8. Her braces will be removed when she is 9 1/2 and then once the rest of her teeth fall of she well resume orthodontic treatment when she is 11 1/2. Sorry my explanation was so long...hope I helped.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment