Friday, July 29, 2011

sensitivity?

Is tooth sensitivity around the gumline normal? I have always gone to the dentist 2 times per year for cleaning, but have not been able to go since August 06 because I don't have dental insurance now and can't afford to go. It is just along a few teeth (not in the same area). It doesn't hurt when I eat, but is bothersome whenever I touch it with my fingernail or rinse with cold water. Not something that hurts, but has concerned me for the last few months.
--------------------
It sounds like you have some tooth abrasion. This may be caused by the way you brush. Always use a soft toothbrush and light pressure. Take note of where you are starting when brushing(we usually start and end in the same place by habit), then try to start somewhere other than were you are sensitive. This is not something that can be reversed, although you can keep it from getting worse. Try a sensitive toothpaste for 2wks. and see if that helps also. Good luck and see a dentist as soon as possible. This is for JFK - I'm surprised that your dentist didn't mention that you have slight recession. You might want to give him/her a call and talk about it--and how to stop it now before it gets worse.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment