Friday, July 8, 2011

Child support/Insurance reimbursement?

Per child support order my son's father is to provide med/dental/vision insurance but doesn't. My son had an eye injury and had to have glasses and an eye exam that werent covered by his medical card. I had to pay with my credit card can I charge his father a part of the interest since my having to pay for all of the charges were due to his not following the court order? I am giving him 60 days to pay and then asking for interest of 10% after the due date basically in hopes that he will pay quicker.
--------------------
You can probably charge him the entire amount with interest if he is in violation of the order by not providing the coverage, but he owes at least half, including the interest. The only problem is that if he refuses to pay, you'll have to take him back to court to get it out of him.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment