Friday, July 8, 2011

I have had intermittent toothache for the last four weeks this only started after I had a filling replaced?

The filling was found to need replacing on my 6 month check so I know there is nothing wrong with any of my teeth. I don't want to go back to my dentist if there is nothing wrong as it is £30 a time and my dental insurance was maxed out by the filling.
--------------------
It is normal to have some discomfort after a filling due to the trauma to the tooth. The filling may be high and in need of an adjustment. There should not be a charge for a follow up visit to have the filling/bite adjusted because it is still part of the original procedure. However, I am in the states and am not sure about how it works in the UK. But call the dentist and tell them that you are having trouble and ask how much it would be to have the bite adjusted. Also, the new filling may have been deeper than the original one and that may be the cause of your pain. If that is the case, then I suggest you give it 2 to 6 weeks for the pain to go away. Hope this helps you
Source

1 comment:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this blog. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. I know something information, to know you can click here….

    Health & Medicine center

    ReplyDelete