Friday, July 8, 2011

I have this problem with my husband regarding hygiene?

My husband showers at work because he has a very dusty nasty job. He normally does not shower here at home daily. My biggest problem is that he doesn't brush his teeth regularly. I (like a parent) tell him to do so. I usually will not kiss him until he does brush his teeth. We had not had dental insurance until recently, but how do I get him to realize this is a problem? How can I not hurt his feelings but let him know? Tactfully please....Thank you!
--------------------
Get him a dental appointment. Hopefully he'll have some issues and the dentist will break out the needles and drills. Talk about dental/gum health with him. Just in general, not accusatory. Find a website with pictures of nasty teeth and gums and show him what happens if you don't take care of your teeth. Get him a new toothbrush that he loves? This is his parents fault, not yours.My mother always stressed the importance of dental care when I was growing up, I don't think his did. I was in the same situation and after getting his first cavity (he was 32) he really perked up and starting taking better care of his teeth. I think this is more common than not, I've had girlfriends with the same problem. Guys..whats the deal here???? Good luck ;)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment