Sunday, July 10, 2011

How do I find out if my prescriptions are covered under my new insurance plan? It is an Anthem HSA plan.?

I just switched to a new insurance plan through Anthem. It is one of those HSA plans so I have a large deductible before most things are covered. I just hit the deductible and am not trying to figure out how to get prescriptions filled. There is no formulary published with the plan or on Anthem's web site. So, I don't know if my current (or any new) drugs are covered. I tried to ask through an email and was told that I would have to call customer service and ask about each one. That isn't workable. "The term Prescription Drug means drugs, biologicals, and compounds which can be dispensed legally only upon written authorization by a Physician, which are required by law to bear the legend "Caution: Federal Law prohibits dispensing without a prescription," and which are listed in one or more of the following publications: United States Pharmacopeia, The National Formulary, or Accepted Dental Remedies." Where do I find these? Has anyone worked with this plan?
--------------------
Why can't you call up customer service? You really need to do this to know for sure. Try googling: fda.org orange book & look up drugs.but it won't tell you if it's covered by your insurance. You might try asking your pharmacist, though they might not be able to tell without actually filling the prescriptions. Good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment