Friday, July 22, 2011

Root canal and a crown?

Hi everyone! Just recently my father got his dental insurance through his employer and he wanted to fix his teeth. However, he got back with a huge estimate. For one tooth - Root Canal (D3330) which is 950 bucks, and a crown (D2750) which is 1100 bucks. So, i wonder whether the prices are reasonable or that dentist is just trying to get his money (there is a relatively small limit on his benefits and high coinsurance). We live in Seattle. If somebody had something like this before, I would be happy to see the amount you paid to the dentist. Thanks everyone!
--------------------
I live in Seattle and have had several root canals & crowns and this is a average and customary fee for the service. Don't expect the insurance to pay much (if anything) dental Insurance companies a the biggest bunch of weasels when it comes to expensive procedures like root canals and crowns. My only recommendation is for your dad to go to a Endodontist - someone who specializes in root canals. I have had root canals done by "regular" dentists before & they have failed (& then I had to pay Again for the Endodontist to do it right) I had mine re-done (correctly) at: Freeman & Short - in the dental building downtown. see the link below. They don't charge any more - they just do a better job.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment