Sunday, August 28, 2011

another wisdom tooth possible?!?

i had a wisdom tooth pulled last august. for about a week now, i noticed that part of my gum really sensitive and recently becoming painful and swollen. i put my finger in the back of my mouth and i felt the top part of a tooth poke through. now, a week after i noticed that, u can actually see a tooth there, i had my mom and husband look, and they can see the tooth half way out of my gum. i thought once they get pulled its done...i didnt think it was possible to get another one, is it? i have new dental insurance, so its going to be at least 2 months before a dentist can see me, anything i can do for the pain of the tooth? orajel helps a little, but not long enough
--------------------
Prior to removing the wisdom teeth, your dentist/oral surgeon would have taken dental x-rays to ensure they removed the teeth successfully. It's highly unlikely that they left a tooth behind. What it sounds like is a sequestrum - a remaining fragment of bone that was dislodged when the teeth were extracted which is now working it's way out of your mouth. I'd call the office just to let your Dr. know what's going on - he'd definitely have some recommendations as to how to handle the discomfort.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment