Sunday, August 28, 2011

Doctor or dentist for this pain?

Here's the story... I went to the dentist last Wednesday for a filling. This time it was for the 2nd to the last molar, about 3 weeks ago I went for a filling for the last molar. Thursday morning when I woke up I felt this horrible pain on the gum-line of my last molar and it looked redder than the rest of my mouth. I took motrin for the pain and brushed my teeth after every meal & rinsed with Listerine and it works as a temporary fix but the discomfort comes back. I was hoping it would go away by doing all these things. Well, it's Monday now & the pain feels weird. It feels like the pain goes down my throat and my ear aches a little. When I touch that part of the gum with my tongue it burns. My question is, should I go to the dentist or can I go to my doctor? I don't have any dental insurance.
--------------------
You will need to go back to the dentist. You should call them and explain what is going on. They may agree to look at it for free since they did the work on it. I had problem with a filling I got a while back and my dentist agreed to see me and fix the problem at no charge.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment