Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cavity help!!!?

I don't understand. I brush every morning and every night. I use ACT Restoring mouthwash once a day like it says to. Eat some sweets but not ALOT. Get plenty of calcium. Why do I keep getting cavities?!?!? I don't have dental insurance and its getting rather expensive!
--------------------
Hi, I'm a dentist. It may be the WAY you are brushing. You can brush until you are blue in the face, but if you're not doing it properly, you're wasting your time. Also, I noticed you didn't mention flossing. If you're not flossing, you can brush brilliantly and still get cavities in between your teeth, as you cannot clean there except with proper, regular flossing. I encourage you to schedule an appointment with your dentist and/or hygienist to go over a detailed caries risk assessment (caries is the disease process of dental decay). If your dentist doesn't know what a caries risk assessment is, he/she may be an old-school dentist, not trained in this relatively new assessment technique. Your caries risk assessment will help explain your areas of risk, and you can use this knowledge to come up with an action plan to change your risk status. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment