Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Filling just fell out.?

I absoultely hate going to the dentist and I haven't been in 6 yrs now, I know it's terrible especially when i have dental insurance. Tonight I was eating something hard and sticky and my filling fell out. Its on my lower bottom molar and its on the side of the tooth. I was jsut wondering how long can that tooth stay exposed without any advirse affects happening? Thanks in advance for your answers.
--------------------
Yes, go to the dentist and get it filled right away. With a hole in the side of your tooth, food and bacteria will get in the nerve of your tooth and cause an infection. Your molar is also in a high impact area. You chew on it all the time, so you risk breaking off more of the tooth. You would also very likely develop decay if there isn't any right now (just a filling broke, right?). Your tooth, aside from causing you major pain from the infection, may get to the point where it's not fixable and have to be pulled. If it doesn't get to that point, you'd need a root canal and a crown. If you just get the tooth filled now, it will save you a lot of pain and money in the long run.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment