Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dental Problems?

I haven't been to the dentist in a while because I don't have health insurance, however last weekend I had a very bad toothache that kept me up all night long, I did some home remedies nothing worked, I took some 8 hour Tylenol and it went away, it hasn't came back since. I know that 2 of my teeth are chipped [where my bad toothache was before] and I can see some dark stuff, which I'm assuming is a cavity? My mom says I might have an abscess but I read and don't have any symptoms of one. What else could it be? My teeth aren't really hurting now, and I just want to get rid of this dark stuff where my teeth are chipped at. I brush my teeth more than 2 times daily. Any suggestions, answers would be good. Thanks!
--------------------
If you had a bad toothache and see dark spots where it was hurting, then you definitely have a cavity. You can't get rid of it. If you don't see a dentist to have this fixed, it will continue to get bigger, no matter how often you brush. If the cavity is close to the gums, you may end up with an abcess. Going to the dentist can be very expensive, but waiting will only make the problem worse and more expensive to fix. You can sometimes get reduced rates if you approach a University with a Dental Program about getting work done. Also, for dental pain, Ibuprofin is the best medication because it reduces swelling, which usually causes the pain. Also, swishing strong salt water in your mouth can help with the pain as well. Good luck with this!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment