Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What things have you had to cut out of your budget due to the recession?

I have had to cut out: breakfasts, oil changes (have not had one in 1 year and 3 months.),new clothes, new socks, house cleaners,slower internet speedm cutting out cable soon if they let me get out of my package, I alternate between phone and electricity every month so I am constantly behind on one bill. I have to have the phone because I work from home and internet for online courses. I have cut out napkins, medicines sometimes, only put $10 of gas every two weeks, I do laundry once or twice a month. I can not afford laundry detergant so I buy the small box of detergent for $.75 at the laundry mat. I had to cut out acne medication and have had troubles with acne. I use hand soap and hot water to wash my face but still get huge pimples from time to time. I have also had to cut out dental insurance and lost half a tooth. I have to make a tube of toothpaste last for months at a time. I had to stop using mouth wash that helped my gums. I could not even afford to buy software for a class I had to take and almost flunked it. I am not used to living like this but I am willing to live even worse off if it means I can pay all my bills somehow. Paying bills in full is a HUGE luxery. I love to pay bills because when one is paid I feel happy. I work 35 hours a week and I have a degree in Business; working on my degree in communications. I live in the UNITED STATES. Can you believe that: the richest country in the world? really? So how is this recession effected you?
--------------------
I'm sure it's affected me more than I first realized. I put off for a couple of years seeing an oral surgeon as I don't have dental surgery. I had one tooth at a time cut out and ended up losing a small part of the jaw bone. I have not had my teeth cleaned in several years as I could always find another use for the money. We have cut back on traveling because of the price of gas. We have also cut back on food. And I think we will be cutting back even more as this year progresses. Four years ago my hours at work was cut in half and were never restored and at this point I'm lucky to still have this job.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment