Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dentist Help NEEDED please?

I have not been to a dentist since 8th grade. I am now a sophomore in college. With that being said, I consider myself to practice good oral hygiene techniques such as brushing three times a day, flossing every morning, using mouthwash, etc. But here's my problems: (1) it looks like I have acid wear on 4 of my front teeth. It's bluish in color and transparent around the bottom and corners. (2) My one wisdom tooth SOMETIMES brushes my cheek tissue when I chew causing irritation. (3) I have one tooth that moved, I don't know if it's because of crowding or whatever, but I would definitely get CLEAR braces just to get that tooth in the right spot. Now let's get this not going to the dentist thing out of the way. After 8th grade, my family and I moved around a lot so we didn't have a family dentist, and eventually I just got used to not going to the dentist. For the past 2 years, I've wanted to go to the dentist but there were occasions where I didn't have dental insurance so I had to wait. I also fear that once I go to the dentist and he/she finds out I have not gone in about 6 years, they'll give me hell about it. I guess my questions are: (1) What can be done about the acid wear(If that's what it is)? (2)Will I be able to get clear braces? (3)Will I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled? (4)Why did my 1 tooth move? (5)Will the dentist give me a hard time? (6)How many dentist visits will solve all the above problems so I can finally feel good again!
--------------------
Ok so I'll just fly through the numbers. 1. Assuming it's acid erosion, your options would be leave it/composite fillings/veneers/crowns. 2. You can get ceramic ones but usually you put them on the upper teeth and do normal ones on the bottom. But they are more expensive than regular ones. 3. It depends how much trouble they are giving you. It might just need a while to fully erupt, or you might need the smoothed. Your dentist will be able to advise you on the best action to take. 4. I can't say with out seeing it 1st really. 5. Probably not. We're a nice bunch really. 6. Can't say with out seeing you and some x-rays but. Composites take 1 appt. crowns and veneers take 2 or 3. Braces take about 18-30 months depending on a variety of factors. Hope that helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment