Sunday, August 7, 2011

Does Flight Attendants Make Good money?

Do they/ I've been thinking alot about becoming a flight attendant. I love to travel to different places, even countries. I'm not afraid of getting on a plane. And is there any kind of education that involves traveling and being a flight attendant? I want to be a flight attendant...but I'm also hoping that being a flight attendant will help pay for my college, get a car and insurance and my own place. I'm 22 years old....I need medical insurance, dental insurance, health insurance and car insurance. I know those things are very important. I either want to become a flight attendant or a major in Culinary Arts.
--------------------
Hello MS C, I have dated two air hostess's and for the most part, they have a busy life. I am not sure how you would go about being a flight attendant in the USA, but know in England it was not that difficult. Things have changed a lot in the travel industry and many companies have had major staff reductions, due to the high cost of gas and a recession. Probably the best advice I could give you, is to go to your local airport, have a chat with people on the check in gates, ask around, and you will probably get your answers fairly easily without too much research or ground work. Although jobs should be for equal rights, I know for a fact, most operators in England, prefer someone who is single, has good communication skills, is of smart appearance and a nice looking person. I realize this sounds stupid, but how many ugly flight attendants do you see working? The women I dated did long haul flights, they would travel to Asia, and America, stay for maybe one or two days then return. Although the job sounds appealing, living out of a suitcase does have it's draws backs, and the job can also ruin your social life. The job pays an average type of wage, but they do get a few perks like free flights, cheap accommodation, and get to see parts of the world for free. Gatwick and Heathrow airports are the main hub in England. Generally, the flight attendants would rent a house close to the airport with other crew members. I hope this information shall be of benefit to you, and good luck . Paul M P.S. If you ever want a serious relationship, do not date a flight attendant, unless you wish to spend many days apart, sometimes two weeks or more at a time on the long haul flights LOL
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment