Sunday, August 7, 2011

I have a question about what I should do with my current situation?

Hello, I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment. its a decent size for me and my husband. And the plus side is he works here as maintance w/ his father so our rent is only 320 a month and he's worked here for 3 years. So we're hoping eventualyl its going to be free. I am going to start babysitting for 600 a month (undertable) and we're not sure if we should move into a rent to own house or if we should stay here and just fix up the apartment. We have so much junk and live up on the 3rd floor which is rough. My husband only makes 300 week w/ no health benifits, so with my job we have to pay like 300 a month for great health insurance. Now the main thing, once we get everything paid off and all dental work done ect.. once I start my job we want to start a family at the end of the year. Is stayin in the apartment a good idea? Or taking a risk getting a place, and my job not lasting. I dont know what to do.. There is so much work that needs 2 be done here. Give me your advice. Thankx
--------------------
As a loan officer in the sub-prime market now for 4 years I would say stay in your current situation and save save save. Most people don't realize the extra costs that houses entail. From property taxes to hazard insurance, they can be a strain on the wallet. Just make sure that in your process of saving and looking for homes (when you do decide to shop) that you keep your credit in tip top shape. Two or three late pays can affect a rate. For the time being I would stay with the $320 apartment until you can get enough money saved or a higher salary at which point you know you will be able to afford the total costs of being a home owner.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment