Thursday, August 25, 2011

I have an extremely painful sore on my gum above my right central incisor. What is this?

It is far above the tooth, where I have to pull up my lip very far and shine a flash light in to see it.. It is not even really on the gum so much, but more the flesh that connects my gums and my lip. I thought it was a cut at first, but when I saw it, it is a rather deep sore that has a puss color in it, but is not draining anything. I take very good care of my teeth and gums as I have no dental insurance. But this is so painful, I take pain relievers for it. It is going on five days that it has been there. Please someone enlighten me!
--------------------
based on your description--- i think you have APTHOUS ULCER( which is also called as canker sore) usually presents as a painful sore inside the mouth caused by a break in the mucous membrane. is it repeatedly coming or this is the first time? if it is repeatedly coming,it may be due to viral infection(herpes simplex---then the condition is called apthous stomatitis). if it is for the first time,then dont worry.most of the times it is self-limiting. TREATMENT: Most of the times Canker sores usually go away without any treatment. 1.Dont take hot and spicy food. 2.if pain persists,you can try taking ibuprofen (brand name: Advil) or acetaminophen (brand name: Tylenol). 3.you can also apply directly on the sore any one of these ----ORAJEL, Orabase and Zilactin-B. they help you to get relief from canker sores from becoming irritated by eating, drinking or brushing your teeth. 4.other method available is You can also mix equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl Allergy liquid. After it's mixed, you can swish a teaspoonful in your mouth for about 1 minute and then spit it out. If you do this every 4 to 6 hours, your canker sores may hurt less. 5.Supplements such as taking vitamin C or vitamin B complex,will also help canker sores heal faster. IF CANKER SORE PERSISITS MORE THAN A WEEK THEN -----consult your docter or dentist. Tell your doctor if you have canker sores more than a week.(to rule out viral infection).If so,then treatment has to be done with antiviral medications. hope you will get well soon.good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment