Thursday, August 25, 2011

Really sore tooth, needs root canal. What can I do for pain?

Ok so I needed a root canal on this tooth 2 years ago, but thanks to no health/dental insurance, and not having the extra $$, (and my fear of dentists!), I have put it off. I had some temporary filling stuff in it, and for a few months it really helped, hardly any pain at all.. but I was chewing some gum tonight, and it hit the nerve. I have been in excruciating pain for hours now! I live in a stupid town where they only cater to rich people, and although I have searched online and in the phone book I can't find anyone who will work with me on payments and I'm only 22, I don't have a bunch of cash just lying around! What can I do?? Im in so much pain it is driving me crazy! I had cover my mouth in oragel, take 3 Naproxen tablets and drink some wine just to function. I can't keep doing this. Any suggestion would be great, I mean I can't be the only one in this situation right????
--------------------
I definitely know the pain of a tooth that needs a root canal, so bad it keeps you awake at night, hurts non stop. feels like needles in your gums it's terrible. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to take the pain away, you could get it extracted, its cheaper than a root canal but you'll be out a tooth. Orajel is a temporary fix. You may not have the money, but it'll continue to get worse and worse if you don't see a dentist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment