Thursday, August 25, 2011

In what situation would a dentist request you get braces?

I'm convinced that I need them, but my dentist has never mentioned this to me. And my parents won't pay for them unless they think it is necessary (not that I blame them because I realize braces cost a lot of money). There's nothing THAT bad about my teeth, but I know lots of people who have had way straighter teeth than me and have gotten braces. So does it just depend on the dentist, or what? And also, if your dentist reccomends it, is it still seen as a cosmetic procedure, or will dental insurance pay for it? I don't want to be in my mid-20's by the time I can finally afford braces for myself.
--------------------
its not really a dentists place to recomend them. you need to make an appotintment with an orthodontist. most dental insurance covers only about $1,000-2000 of it, some dont cover any of it- so u will have to look into it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment