Thursday, August 25, 2011

I have a tooth infection that has progressed to where heat is very sensitive, how long till the pulp dies?

I'm asking because I don't have dental insurance, and have almost no money. I know I need the tooth pulled or a root canal. I can sooth the pain with ice water but it only lasts a few minutes at most. Pain reliever doesn't seem to help much (20% Benzocaine, and Alieve)
--------------------
The time frame will vary with different people. It may be days, weeks, or months. You will know when the pulp finally dies because you will have excruciating pain that will not be relieved by anything. However, you may just luck out if the nerve dies painlessly, which can happen. After the nerve dies, you have another problem on your hands. How to handle the infection and abscess that will form after the pulp is finally dead. Worse case scenario is you will have a huge swelling with pain.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment