Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dental work - is the quote I received reasonable?

I have two cracked teeth that are in bad condition. I just came from my dentist who x-rayed the teeth and came up with two solutions. This is what has to be done: One tooth requires a root canal, but it can be saved The other tooth has broken beneath the gum and will be extracted completely. After these two procedures, a bridge will be built between the missing teeth, and a crown made for each. The estimated cost of these procedures is $5,125.00. My insurance will only cover $1,000.00, which will leave me with a bill of $4,125.00. I have not had dental work done in about 25 years, and so I do not know what the going rates are for this kind of work. Can someone tell me if this is a reasonable cost for these procedures? Thank you.
--------------------
Wow. I went to NYU Dental School in NYC because they were the cheapest place I could find. Extractions are $90 or $100. I've had 3 taken out so far without any problems. They also charge approx. $800-1300 (possibly even less) for root canals plus crowns. This is the cost without insurance. I'm looking into bridgework but I haven't gotten the quotes yet. You're estimate sounds like a slightly high average for a private practice. I'm not surprised. I know someone that was charged $6000 for way less work than what you are having done!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment