Saturday, February 19, 2011

How much will it cost to get a chipped tooth fixed?

I had an abscessed tooth for a long time but didn't have dental or money to get it fixed. I just got dental insurance and the stupid tooth, well part of it just fell off...I guess it was decayed. So now I'm stuck with half of one tooth. How much will it cost to get this fixed?
--------------------
I hate to say this but it is going to be pretty expensive, especially if it is a front tooth. You're definitely going to need a crown on the tooth and if it is a front tooth, you'll also need the extra step of having a post built into the root shaft to support a crown. Otherwise, the tooth will break off. Insurance will help some but it won't cover the entire expense. Still, it is cheaper than to have the tooth pulled and get a bridge or an implant put there. I would say you're looking at around $1000 to get it fixed.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment