Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can I wait six months to get dental fillings?

Last time I went to the dentist, they informed me that I needed to get two fillings. I made an appointment to get them done, but I don't think my insurance will cover any more dental work this year. I just got my wisdom teeth out and I think this maxed out my dental insurance for the year or nearly did (I get 2000 dollars of coverage a year). I am wondering if it would be okay to wait until January to have the fillings done. I looked online and and found that fillings cost around $250 a piece!
--------------------
You can wait as long as you feel your health permits, however if you are concerned with the current price of fillings you should consider asking your dentist for a sealant and what the price is. NickyR: I'm suggesting a sealant because she is concerned about prices for fillings. Any good dentist is sensitive to finances.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment