Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dental Bill for a visit?

I went to a dentist and was referred to another dentist because I had a cavity under my gum line. The second dentist was to do an examination to determine surgery to reduce the gum line in order to fill the cavity. Come to find out after the visit, the second dentist was not in my network for my dental insurance. The dental insurance paid the non-network provider $18 on the $136 bill. I also paid $13.60 on the bill on the day of the visit. I received a bill from non-network provider for $104.40. I understood that since it was a non-network provider that I had to pay this. Today I got an EOB from my medical insurance for the same visit for the $136. My dentist is a network provider for my medical insurance. The medical insurance's allowance for the procedures totaled $53.00 and the medical insurance paid $23.00 of that bill and stated that I own the provider $30.00. Does this mean that I own the dentist $30 minus the $18 from the dental insurance minus the $13.60 that I have already paid?
--------------------
Dental insurance sucks. You should be happy it was that low.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment