Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hi guys, Do you think it is really worth it to have private health insurance in Australia?

I have one with MediBank and i have to pay a lot each month. I just wondered whether it is really worth it. Instaed I can pay all this if I need it. For example I heard it does not cover dental expenses as such, for example if you have a dental procedure for 5000$ then it just pays a small amount of it. I really think there is no point having it?
--------------------
I too work in the health Insurance industry and I think what you are getting stuck with is a cover with little or no Gap benefits. If you can find a fund that participates in the "health fund alliance" you are more likely to find doctors that will participate in a no(or a little) out of pocket expenses. Big funds generally don't join the alliance because, basically they don't have to, but smaller funds join the alliance to help there members get better benefits. Also if you earn over $50k and are over 30 there are penalties that will occur when you have no (hospital) cover.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment