Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dental question?

My teeth on top in back started feeling numb. And than started hurting, and when I look in the mirror my gums are swollen. I haven't had a cavity in over 25 years. And I have never had a toothache, I have one now.. I don't ever want another one. :) I don't have dental insurance, so I dont want to go to a dentis if I don't have to. Any ideas or suggestions? Anyone have any idea what it could be? BTW I went to the dentist about 6 months ago, he took x-rays, the whole she bang and I was fine, no cavities or anything. Thank you
--------------------
If you had a clean check up 6 months ago I seriously doubt it's decay. You have probably eaten popcorn or nuts with skins or some other food that's lodged under the tissue and gotten inflamed and swollen. Since you can pin point the area, take a piece of dental floss and tie a single knot in it, slip it in under the tissue as you normally would, then pull the floss allowing the knot to pass through the tissue and remove the debris. This usually works on the first try if it doesn't try a few more times. Switch your medication to Advil or Motrin 600-800 mg for the inflammation, swelling and pain. These work much better than Tylenol. Also use real warm salt water and swish vigorously. If you don't dislodge it, you'll have to call the dentist and let them get it out. Hope I've been of some help and that you're able to get it out. You're the 3rd person this week with this problem, and the floss always works. Good luck! Additional information: Sinus infections are known to cause people to think they are having a tooth ache. Are you having sinus trouble? The roots of the upper teeth rest just below the sinus cavity, if they are swollen and inflamed (from allergies or just an infection) this will cause the sinus to increase in size and push against the roots of the upper teeth causing you to have pain. So it could be your sinuses that are bothering your teeth. I'm hoping for something under the tissue but if this is a possibility take some Benadryl or Actifed (any antihistamine) and see if the tooth settles down. Good luck and I hope you are doing better today!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment