Monday, March 14, 2011

Can they leave part of a wisdom tooth on accident?

I had my wisdom teeth removed quite awhile ago...probably 7 or 8 yrs. Lately though, at the very back of my gums (where they were removed) It feels like a tooth is trying to cut. It hurts and i can feel something hard there (not just the bone). I dont have dental insurance, so id prefer to wait it out unless im gonna die from it or somethin...but can they like leave a little piece or something that could now be trying to cut? Or would this be something unrelated? And i do take very good care of my teeth and gums, no cavaties or anything ever. Thanks!
--------------------
Yes. I had my wisdom teeth removed 10 years and 20 years ago. The 20 year ago surgery resulted in a piece of my wisdom tooth being left behind. I had that removed when I had the 10 year surgery. It may not be a piece of your wisdom tooth, but you may have some irriation with the tooth next to where your wisdom is suppose to be. I would try a dental school for an example since you don't have insurance. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment