Monday, March 14, 2011

TMJ - not covered under insurance, now what?

I have been going through hell for the last couple months, pain in my neck and shoulder muscles, my ears have felt like they are plugged along with pain in my ears. My jaw has always popped and clicked, now thanks to unwelcome stress I have noticed that I really clench my jaw! I went to my primary and had my ears checked, went to an ENT and had them checked again and he said it all comes down to TMJ most likely! So now after several calls, neither my medical nor dental insurance will cover TMJ treatments, they will cover everything up until the doctor/dentist diagnoses me with TMJ. Now what?
--------------------
oh,,, so sorry there is nothing you can do...no coverage. It happened to me too. However it went away .thankfully. you can relieve the pain. no chewing gum no excessive talking...LOL. no eating steak. or things that are very chewy.. eventually it will dissipate
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment