Monday, March 14, 2011

Is it normal to have bleeding gums when pregnant?

I am 6 months pregnant and everytime i brush my teeth my gums bleed. I do not have dental insurance and I have no money to go to the dentist I am saving money for the baby. Is it normal just want to know if it happened to any other pregnant moms. My gums never bled before when i brushed. Thanks
--------------------
Yes it does happen that your gums bleed. I would suggest that you use a mouth wash and a soft bristle tooth brush. There have been surveys done that now say that heart disease can be caused by the bacteria that get into your blood stream from bleeding gums. I do not say it is an emergency but please look after yourself and try to get to see a dentist at some point in the not too distant future.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment