Monday, March 14, 2011

What dental options do I have?

I was born missing the tooth to the left of my two front and on the otherside to the right I have a deformed tooth. Over the past 6-7 years I've been getting regular bonding for my two front to correctly match the bridge I currently have in place. I recently got a crown for the deformed tooth but my dentist told me ultimately I would need a dental implant, two veneers and the crown. I only have dental insurance with my parents for two more years and would like to weigh options on what my best bet is on what to do. I found out my insurance does not cover an implant, but is there any way around this? The bridge works cosmeticly of course but has caused damaged to my surrounding teeth as well as I have a hollowed out appearence along my gum because there's no root of a tooth. So what are my best options at this point? I'm looking for a long term solution so I won't have to visit my dentist every month for upkeep. Thanks!
--------------------
I think if you are genetically missing your tooth insurance should cover. Make sure they know you were born without - not that you didnt take care of it. I would say find a dentist that knows how to get your issues covered....sorry.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment