Friday, March 18, 2011

Does the type of insurance I have affect my dentist's treatment and attitude?

I'm self employed. I have minimal dental insurance and pay for most dental care out of pocket. My last two visits to the dentist I've used for 10 years made me feel like I was some kind of red headed step child. The normally considerate Dr was rough and inconsiderate. I kept having to get him to stop because the spray from the drill was aimed directly at the back of my throat and kept gagging me and he acted as though I was inconveniencing him. I was there an hour and a half for him to do 18 minutes worth of work. The hygienist was a different one than the last time I was there and she was very rough, making all of my gums bleed. I have a high pain tolerance and have never had issues going to the dentist before and honestly, after today's visit, I won't go back to that one. Does the fact that I don't have top notch dental insurance matter to them? If they get paid either way, why does it matter?
--------------------
Quite possible probably what your insurance reimburses for services rendered where not up to his liking. Or, the Dr and the hygienist we having an affair and had just broken up because he wouldn't divorce his wife. At one time I had medical insurance through a company that also provided medical care for free to people whom were indigent or something like that and when I went for my first Dr's appointment they were rude and I heard the office staff making comments about me being a slim ball or something like that getting free medical services.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment