Friday, March 18, 2011

Where can I file a complaint for unfair medical or dental billing practices in California?

My wife took my 3 year old son for some dental work that was covered partially by insurance. We paid the amount that was due and agreed upon and we were told that everything was paid and good. My son then had his teeth fixed. Later on, we found out that the dentist had performed additional work and wanted to get paid extra. Obviously, the dental insurance rejected the new claim and now they want us to pay for it. Isn't that unfair that we were not informed about it? We never gave consent for additional treatment for something else, and that seems a little like a bait and switch tactic. They got consent for one thing and they tried to throw something else in. They say that since they performed the work, we need to pay. But that doesn't seem right to me because we were never advised about it. Who can I contact to assist me with this cause I am sure I am not the first one this happened to in that dental office? I appreciate any helpful suggestions.
--------------------
Speak with an Attorney immediately. If your Dentist did all of the work in one appointment; it makes you ask a valid question of why he did not turn all of the billing into your insurance company at once instead of billing separately.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment