Friday, March 18, 2011

How long does it usually take for my insurance company to reimburse the dentist?

I had a root canal done last week that cost $916. I have dental insurance but the dentist wants me to pay now and then he said he'd sign the insurance check over to me once he receives it. I was just wondering how long it takes the insurance company to issue a check.
--------------------
It usually takes about 2-4 weeks after the claim is filed for the dental office to receive insurance payment. However, if the insurance requests additional information (ie. x-rays, narrative) from the dentist, it may take longer depending on the response time. You should receive a copy of the insurance explanation of benefits (EOB) a few days before the dentist receives their copy. You can also call your insurance to check on the status of the claim to know if its currently or already been processed. If the insurance tells you it's pending additional information from the dentist, you can call your dental office and let them know to hopefully expedite the process. Hope this helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment