Thursday, March 3, 2011

I would like to learn insurance?

I am currenlty working for an insurance company that specializes in insurance for commercial accounts. I'm the receptionist so I really don't do much. I would like to take on more responsibility but here you do not get respect without a liscense. My boss will pay for my classes but I don't know the first thing about insurance. From what I hear we deal with general liability, fiduciary liability, d&o, life, commercial auto, and workers comp. Also we have a dental department. Before I go into my classes I would like to know the basics is there a place online that can help me, or a book I can pick up somewhere? Thanks for the help guys.
--------------------
Get your license right away. Go take the classes that your boss is going to pay for. They are pretty easy. Being that your company handles both P&C and Life, tell them that you want to get both licenses. This will make you more valuable. I think I did my studying through Dearborn, but there are several good companies to use.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment