Thursday, March 3, 2011

If a filling falls out after a year, does the dentist have to fix it for free?

About a 1 1/2 years ago I had a filling put it, and it came out yesterday while I was flossing. I no longer have dental insurance, and the dentist is telling me that I need to pay for xrays and for the filling to be replaced. Is this right? I mean, he's the one who put in the crappy filling in the first place, so why should I have to pay for it?
--------------------
Fillings don't last forever, and they don't come with guarantees. So you are stuck paying for the work if the dentist insists. I'm a little surprised the dentist didn't offer to let you off the hook, though. He should offer to charge you only for the materials and contribute his labor. Fillings should last much longer than 1.5 years. See whether he's willing to charge you only materials as a good will gesture.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment