Sunday, May 1, 2011

Can I get a refund from a dentist for a crown that doesn't fit properly?

I live in NJ. In March 2006 I had a dentist crown one of my molars. Last week I went to a new dentist who took Xrays of my mouth. He found that the crowned tooth was in trouble because the crown my last dentist put on didn't fit the tooth properly. Now, in order to avoid decay (a root canal in the future) I need to have the crown replaced with one that fits. I don't have dental insurance so I paid for that crown with my Visa card. Do I have any recourse? Can I get the price of the crown refunded to me?
--------------------
From my experience, you probably wont be able to get a refund, but I think you should be able to get the dentist that did a bad job redo the tooth and all of the resulting problems. If he refuses to do it-you can always write or call the American Dentistry Board. Dentists have to follow their rules and they dont much like being reported. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment