Sunday, May 1, 2011

How much might it cost to get a tooth cut out without insurance?

My boyfriend has a back right tooth that needs to be cut out. It hurts like crazy but he takes penicillin from his dad to make it go away for a while, but it always comes back. He has had x rays on them and found out that the cavity is in the pulp, so he'll have to have it extracted. However, he can't afford dental or health insurance (we believe he'll need to get it done at the hospital). I was wondering if anybody could give me an estimate of how much it may cost if he got the surgery without insurance. Thanks.
--------------------
OMG! There is no reason to pay full price just because you don't have insurance! That is a lot of wasted money. I don't have dental insurance, but I have Careington. It is a discount program (not an insurance) that dentists participate in. You can download what the dentist fees from their website will be. You can also go on the website to FIRST make sure that there are dentists in your area that participate in the discount program. Also, you can make monthly payments or one lump sum for membership. For a whole year I paid about $117 for membership. Also, you can add the discount for prescriptions (which is what I did). Afterall, I will NEED medicine if I get any painful dental work done. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment