Sunday, May 1, 2011

How much will it cost for an Exam and cleaning at new dentist????

Hi all, I'm getting braces on May 16th and i have to have a current cleaning before they can put them on, well i'm in new state so i have to go to a new dentist. How much will a new patient Exam and Cleaning cost me? Excluding insurance or dental plans. Normally this wouldn't be a concern as i care for my oral health, it's just that i already had to put alot of money down for the braces and ortho x-rays so i don't have that much more in savings to throw around at the moment on my teeth as i have other bills to take care of. Also i'm just getting braces on the top teeth and i've only notice one small problem with one tooth on bottom, will they make me fix the problem before they allow me to have the braces even though it's on the bottom? I'll fix the problem a month later when i get caught up financially. The one tooth is a tooth restoration needed i was told, but nothing else except light scaling needing to be done. Thank you in advance for all you give advice :-)
--------------------
When I made my first appointment at a new dentist it was $90 (no insurance) for 'registration' and a full exam with X-rays. They needed to do the X-rays for their 'files' so I had no choice in the matter. A cleaning was not included with that and that would have been a second appointment. It was at a dental college because it's much cheaper than a private practice in the long run. I eventually needed a 'deep' scaling so it was a bit more expensive once I went for the cleaning. I have no idea how much that appointment cost me since I finally had insurance at that time and they covered it 100%. I don't know if you'll have to fix the problem on the bottom before you get your braces. I don't see why you'd have to since the braces will only be on the top.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment