Sunday, May 1, 2011

Can negotiate the price for my braces??

I have don't have dental insurance and I also have low income. I had my consulation for braces and it was $4100. I am planning on paying with cash also. Do you think I Can negotiate with the dentist? $4100 is a lot...any comments/opinion?!
--------------------
Orthodontist usually (and should) give you the 24months it usually takes to give you full treatment, to pay off your braces with monthy paments. Sometimes the doctor will give you a percentage discount upfront if you pay your orthodontics in full. Ask if they offer a discount if paid in full. Where I worked we would give a discount if they paid upfront and a discount for sibblings who started the same time. Also the bigger down payment you give at the beginning will determine cheaper monthly payments. You usually cant negotiate with a doctor, unfortunately orthodontics is not like a flea market. If your not liking the price of his treatment, shop around. Just make sure they are board certified!! You might find some cheaper treatment out there, but your teeth may pay for it in the end! Hope that helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment