Sunday, May 1, 2011

Whats the longest I can wait to fix an abscessed tooth?

A few years back I had a root canal (I think it was only partial) and had a temp. filling put in. That filling fell out after some time and I never got a crown. The tooth has been fine until a few days ago when I woke up with a swollen lymph gland under my jaw (and under the tooth in question). How long can I wait to fix this because I don't have dental insurance (and I'm a bit short on cash at the moment)? Thanks
--------------------
No one can give you a truely accurate answer on how long is too long. Infection can develope slowely or quickly. It is hard to say what it will do on you. But I will tell you that if you feel the swelling gets to the point that it is crossing over the mid-line of your throat or if you feel it is hard to breath, go to the ER immediatly. That means it has gone too far.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment