Sunday, May 1, 2011

Why does my jaw click all the time?

I thought that it no one could hear it, but the other day someone told me that my jaws made a lot of noise when i chew. Its a clicking sound, almost like when you crack your bones. And when I chew it always does it. Is is normal? is it bad? What can I do to make it stop? I don't have dental insurance so I can't go to the doctor Thanks
--------------------
Your problem is most likely caused by a medical disorder known as Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) syndrome. TMJ can cause head and neck pain, as well as causing audible and sometimes painful popping in the lower jaw by the ear. There are several treatment options including reconstructive surgery and orthodontics. However, all of them will require the assistance of a medical professional. Since you have no medical insurance, your best bet for combating any pain that might incur is analgesic pain killers (acetominophen, Tylonel, etc.)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment