Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How dentist determine number of tooth surfaces when filling is required?

My Dental insurance company require me to pay certain amount for each procedure. I have to go for a tooth filling sometime this week and my charge list shows various charges depending on number of surfaces. For example for Resin-Based Composite – One Surface, Anterior i have to pay 17$, for Two Surfaces, Anterior i have to pay 23$ and so on... So as a patient how do i determine myself that for how many surfaces dentist should charge me?
--------------------
You can't. You are not a dentist!! So really, they can rip you off if you want to. The only thing you could do, is research every type of tooth and then say...hey, wait a minute... a bicuspid only has 2 surfaces...how come you are billing me for 4!!! (for example) That sort of thing. Dentists can seriously rip you off. They are licensed crooks. A better thing to do is to ask your dentist to prepare you a written report, showing each tooth that needs to be filled...how many surfaces need to be filled...and so forth...BEFORE you get the work done.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment