Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Question regarding being covered by my parents medical insurance?

So I've done my research, and found out that at age 18, I am dropped by my parents medical insurance, unless I am a full time student. I am currently 18 years of age, and am not a full time student, I am not even going to school right now. But I desperately need some dental work done, and I am curious to how the dental coverage works during the summer. Will I be covered in the summer if I take a few classes? Obviously I wouldn't take 12 units, since the summer semester is shorter. Or would I have to wait all the way until Fall, to take 12 units in school, and then have my dental work done? And possibly, could I just fake a schedule of classes I am taking at college and send it the people for the medical insurance? Any advice is needed, thank you.
--------------------
Check with your parents' insurance agent to see how best to handle the situation. I warn you that it's unlikely that there will be a way to get the dental issues covered, since they're pre-existing. It's also a really bad idea to lie by making up a fake schedule or anything of the sort. That's insurance fraud, and it's a felony in most states.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment