Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What is the average price of wisdom tooth extractions?

I had one pulled earlier this year, and it cost me $400 for just one! I've had people tell me that that's a bit on the steep side. Now, I need the other three pulled, but I don't have a job or dental insurance. What the hell am I supposed to do?
--------------------
at least $1000 with a sedation ($300-400 extra) (for all 4) most dental insurances cover this and at 80% depending on the company and they will cover a sedation on 4 widsom teeth!!! :) good luck for 3 its REALLY honestly depends on how they are in your mouth.. a surgical extraction is more expensive than a simple one. (simple is like a straight up and down wisdom tooth = non impacted tooth) if you know the "codes" the surgeon uses to code how simple or hard the extraction is, you can call your insurance and they can tell you what they cover.. OR the DR's office can tell you what it will cost per tooth based on the simple or hard extraction... that way you can chose which ones to take out now that you can afford or to do them all. but $400ish is not that expensive for a surgical extraction its about normal....could be around $150 for a simple one... but it depends on the DR and where you live...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment