Wednesday, July 6, 2011

As a dependent on my mom's health insurance, do I have to be accompanied by her?

My mom is going to put me as a dependent on the new health insurance her company is switching over to. I'm 19, and as I will be covered by dental and such, I wanted to know if I have to be accompanied by my mom to any appointment/evaluation I go to using her health insurance? I'm sure most of you, like myself, would like to go to these appointments alone since I wouldn't want my mom in the room watching me get braces or waiting for the doctor. Is there something I can do to go alone and still "use" her insurance? I still live at home and go to school.
--------------------
You can go alone for most things. You do not need her to accompany you for any things. For a small number of things, you need someone, although it does not need to be her, because it is not safe to go drive home alone when they finish.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment