Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why do a lot of health insurance plans through your parents employers cut you off at 25 yrs old?

I'm a full time student and turned 25 in September. I guess once September ended I'm no longer covered under my dad's health insurance. I was surprised because I at least thought I had the semester to finish off since it was that way with my friend. But anyways, why do a lot of companies cut you off by then? I know a lot of people at that age are done with college, but there are still plenty who aren't. I'm still an undergrad, but what about the ones that are going to medical school, dental school, etc, that aren't even done with college until there late 20s if they went right out of high school? 25 is still young, and it's still hard to afford for most people at that age. Also, I heard about student insurance. Do most college have that for students to check into?
--------------------
Because you need to grow up and be on your own at some time. 25 years is enough to rely on mommy and daddy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment