Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I seriously need help with poorness and dental emergency... please read sorry for length?

I haven't seen a dentist since I've been an adult. I'm 25 years old. I just got fired on the 9th. I live with my mom and she makes like $500 a week but isn't responsible for me and doesn't have money for my stupid teeth. I barely even have $30 but my teeth are killing me. Part of one of the back top ones fell out during the summer, but it's actually the one or two on the bottom row that are sooo painful.. I have been up crying not able to sleep. Before it happened once or twice, but this time the pain didn't stop the next day. I don't know what to do. I took like 10 ibuprofen yesterday and it was still killing. My mom gave me some expired antibiotics but I think they helped cuz it hurt less.. but I also smoked a bunch of pot which helped with the pain. I try not to take ibuprofen ever and I try not to smoke pot either but I'm stuck.. I've read through some older questions on here and other places online but thought someone might have a real option for me.. well first the pain.. anything else aside from what I've done? I have toothpaste for sensitive teeth and mouthwash that is natural and has herbs n stuff.. I used the mouth type orajel stuff but I think it made it hurt more.. I tried to rinse it with warm water and salt last night but it hurt horribly!! I used both iodized and sea salt so maybe one of them isn't good for it? please I feel like I'm going crazier.. As for my options as I said I don't barely have $30 I could use since I was just fired.. I checked out the dental student facilities but they require payment up front! and it's only like 1/2 off or so for a student to work on you.. I applied for badgercare, supposedly insurance for poorer people but it didn't let me get any benefits plus there's a waiting list.. Also, I would be willing to pay in payment plans, But since I don't have a job right now will any place let me?? I would prefer if they would try to save any of my teeth if they could.. I have no idea how many are afflicted, if all 4 would need to be taken out.. this is the back 4 on the left side. I already had two, my third to last ones, on the bottom taken out when I was 14, the last time I saw a dentist or doctor.. and it was cuz I was a minor on some poverty thing like badgercare in another city. oh my gosh well thank you for reading all of this wow I'm sorry... I really need help though I already have mental issues to deal with (ocd, anxiety, depression) that I'm trying to get over so this is threatening to bring me back to one of those dark icky places again... lol geez I better stop now...
--------------------
If you can't afford the school in your area then the next option would be to see if there is a charity clinic anywhere. None of the medications and things you are trying are going to make things any better. Even if the pain eventually stops it doesn't mean your teeth are better. It just means the nerve has died due to the severity of the infection and you need to see a dentist even more. You need to have root canals and possibly extractions done by a dentist. Decay only continues to get worse and spread. If you have to just go to the emergency room. Some dental offices will let you finance the work and make payments. Just call around and see what can be done. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment