Thursday, July 7, 2011

Can you only have one wisdom tooth taken out or do they try to get you to do all four?

I'm 30 years old and for over a year now one lower wisdom tooth has been slowly coming in but it is impacted. Can I just have the one removed or will they want me to do all four? I'm not having any problems with the other ones. Are the odds high that the other ones will start to come in too? Thanks! ps - what does it usually cost? I have no dental insurance.
--------------------
You can have one taken out. You don't have to have all of them removed. They can recommend that you have all of them removed, but ultimately the decision is yours. If your tooth is impacted, you will likely have to be knocked out in order to have ti removed. I'm not sure what the cost is, but your dentist will discuss that and any payment plans with you upfront before scheduling the procedure. I have only one wisdom tooth that has come in and one that is partial through. I have two that are still under the gums. My dentist told me to have them removed to prevent future problems and that was about 6 years ago. I still have them all and no problems. So, only remove the one that is causing you problems.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment